Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Icing on the Cake

While my last wish list encompassed everything from a panini maker to a pair of neon bow studs, my current wishlist is much more specific. I seem to be on quite a jewelry kick. Perhaps this is because now that I've found the dress and the shoes (see below) for the wedding coming up next week, it's time to shop for the fun stuff...namely earrings, cuffs, rings, and/or necklaces.


Zappos' Me Too Jeanette in Violet Satin

Yesterday I discovered the jewelry section of the catalog Sundance (which my mom already knew about). Maybe I should give her some more credit...She was swooning over Lululemon months before the worldwide craze over their yoga pants ever began and was gushing over Fresh's sugar lip treatment line long before it got all kinds of publicity.

Or maybe I should just admit that I never like anything new right off the bat. Change is scary. I like to tread very carefully. Unfortunately this squashes my hopes of being a real fashionista. I'm too busy resisting current trends to be bothered with searching for "the next big thing". Case in point: by the time I had wrapped my head around wearing skinny jeans, flares had come back into style.

I'm the least resistant to new jewelry trends. Jewelry doesn't care if you're up 10 pounds or down 30. Jewelry doesn't care if you're having a bad hair day. Jewelry doesn't care if you're incredibly pale. Jewelry doesn't care if you have wide feet. Jewelry doesn't care how old you are.

Check out these jewels:


 Flashy Favorites from Sundance

No comments:

Post a Comment