Monday, June 27, 2011

Breakfast for Lunch

I managed to convince Brother #3 into running 9.6 miles with me in the rain and into making omelets for lunch afterwards. I'm glad to see my begging, bribing, and guilt tripping skills are still intact (they tend to get a little rusty with a summer away from Boyfriend).

My newfound love for omelets is no longer quite as new (see here and here)...but today I did something unheard of. You see, in the world of Hannah breakfast foods are eaten at breakfast (preferably by 7 am). Lunch foods are eaten at lunch (as close to noon as possible) and dinner foods are eaten at dinner (at 6 o'clock on the nose). As you may have guessed, "brunch" (that odd mix of breakfast and lunch options offered during the lull in between 7 am and 12 pm) throws a total wrench in my plans.

I wish I could tell you that I overcame my fear of brunch and ate a breakfast/lunch at 10am like the rest of the college population...but that would be a lie. However, I did eat a breakfast food for lunch (a little bit after 12pm)!

Brother #3 and I were too lazy to go buy cold cuts for lunch after our run so we started hunting through the cabinets and rifling through the refridgerator. What could we make with garlic and herb cheese, red pepper, onion, salsa, chives, parsley, eggs, and bread? Enter the omelet sandwich. 

Omelet Prep

Cooking Omelet (Thanks Brother #3)

While Brother #3 manned the stove, I dug out my favorite plate (a gift from Grandma) and cut up a mini fruit salad (a section of juicy cantelope, a handful of blueberries, and a sliced Cameo apple).


"Love" Heart-shaped Plate

Quick Fruit Salad

I popped our pieces of toast (3 seed bread from a local favorite) in the toaster oven and took a quick shot...


Omelet Sandwich

...Before digging right in!


Somewhat Hidden Thumb & Cross-section of Breakfast for Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment