Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

...in theory.

I think if you're a good photographer, whole albums truly can stand alone. However, even the loosest use of the term "good" is generous when it comes to describing my adventures in photography thus far.

I'll have you know that I'm embracing my uncanny ability to butcher even the most photogenic objects and landscapes with horrible lighting, distracting backgrounds, and terrible angles. White lie alert.

I admit I cringe when I see how much clearer and more polished other bloggers' photos look on sites like TasteSpotting and Foodgawker (warning: do not look at these sites if you're feeling hungry...but if you want to torture yourself type "cheesecake" into the search bar) - but I'm trying to let go of the whole impossibly high standards thing and laugh at myself a little more.

Here's a quick peek at some of the sights that have made me smile lately (with captions of course).


Adirondack Chairs for Two

Cherries, Antique Dessert Bowl

A Cart of Flowers

Ogunquit - Pretty As A Postcard

Working Harbor, Dockside

Colorful Colanders from LeRoux Kitchen

Our Backyard Mom's Organic Farm

Pansies, Rock Vase
 

1 comment: