Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Another one of the upsides to coming home from college: being able to raid Mom's jewelry box again!

My mom and I both love jewelry, although she isn't wild about bracelets and as I've mentioned before I'm not crazy about rings. Of course her collection is much more expansive than mine (and is overflowing with unique pieces from faraway places like Egypt and Greece), so it's a special treat to be able to shop from the top of her dresser while I'm home again. Her boxes and baskets of treasures lie next to my grandmother's collection of old perfume bottles.


Some of Grandma's Old Perfume Bottles


I often start picking out my outfits by laying out earrings, necklaces, and bracelets first. Then I start rummaging through my closet to find tops and bottoms to complement the accessories that I've pulled. It seems to be sort of a backwards approach (to start something as small as earrings and end with something as large as pants), but it works for me. It's also an effective way to make sure I don't forget about the baubles stuffed way in the back of my jewelry box.

Since I've already hinted that most of the time I live in my running clothes, I can't lie and tell you that I wear beautifully delicate chandelier earrings, long gold pendants, brightly colored semi precious stones, clusters of freshwater pearls, engraved silver cuffs, and heaps of bangles day in and day out.

On a day to day basis, these classy and simple silver studs (thank you Boyfriend!) are my absolute go-to. I may or may not have a pair and a half of them now because I may or may not have lost one earring sophomore year (oops, sorry Boyfriend!). We laugh about how unphotogenic these earrings are - but I promise they are gorgeous in person and inspire many compliments!


I like seeing this box!

Somerset Knot Earrings, from Tiffany & Co.

While we have fistfuls of turquoise and silver jewelry, both my mom and I seem to be seriously lacking pink earrings. This is a problematic because we both wear quite a bit of pink - everything from dusky roses to hot, hot pinks (I warned you about my obsession with neons!). We're always on the look out for pink earrings (of any type) but we haven't been able to find the perfect pair. I'm not even very happy with the ones that I've pulled for the [sloppy] collage below. Do you have any ideas? Help us remedy our lack of pink and round out our combined collection!


Unsatisfactory Pink Earrings Collage


(Top row, from left to right)
2. Anthropologie's Accordion Drops

(Bottom row, from left to right)
5. Urban Outfitter's Urban Renewal Ciao Baby Earring

No comments:

Post a Comment