Monday, May 23, 2011

Owning Up, Again

Yesterday my mom lured me out the door with promises of rainy afternoon manicures and pedicures...and dragged me into Talbots on the way. I thought I would give the store a quick perusal and deem it to be "cute but not for me." As much as it pains me to say this, I was wrong about Talbots (see my offhand condemnation here) and moreover, Mom often does know best.

I positively loved some of their shoes. Impossibly detailed ankle-wrap heels, delicately feminin and simple flats, gladiator wedges with touches of metallic, espadrilles in a rainbow of pastels, intricately twisted rope T-strap sandals...

I ended up walking away with two pairs that do a wonderful job of accomodating and concealing my square foot bed (discussed here). 

Faux-leather Side-bow Flip Flops and Leather Cinched-bow Espadrilles

The flip flops (dressed up with a sweet little bow) will serve as a daily go-to this summer, and I'm sure my legs will appreciate the teensy tiny heel after being run ragged all morning. The espadrilles, in a cheerful and sunny yellow, are just plain fun. I generally avoid anything with ankle straps because I worry about chopping my "long legs" in half, but this one is skinny enough that it highlights my small ankles and doesn't make me look too stumpy. I think they'll be adorable with cropped white denim jeans and any number of printed tops.

Afterwards, we did go for that mother/daughter manicure and pedicure (another one of the perks of coming home!). I settled on a gorgeous purply pink called "Bermuda Shorts" for my toes and suffered through the technician's lecture about my foot care (which amounts to approximately none, with 50 miles a week on top).

No comments:

Post a Comment