Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Little Things

Even as a little girl, I loved Johnny Jump-up flowers. I would gleefully "deadhead" whole clusters of them at a time and skid into the kitchen in my eagerness to show Mama what I'd found. She got quite used to seeing my grubby little fists open up to reveal jagged stems and crushed blossoms.

Johnny Jump-up flowers pop up in the cracks on the patio and hug the edge of the vegetable garden. They're perky and pretty and happy.


In the Cracks

Around the Garden

The next time you're in a funk, make a tiny bouquet of Johnny Jump-ups and put it on your desk. I'm telling you, it will lift your spirits right up.


Mini Vase, Multi-colored Johnny Jump-ups

Mini Vase, Purple Johnny Jump-ups

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
-Robert Brault

However, if you're really in a royally bad mood, you may want to forgo the flowers and the inspirational quotes and head for the nearest bakery instead. If even homemade baked goods don't cheer you up, I'm at a real loss.

1 comment:

  1. I actually pick these flowers in the patio so they will keep blooming. They are so brave!!! And cheerful!

    ReplyDelete